A Way Forward: to the Zero Emissions Future.
Feel free to give money to unpollute, it is fraud proof because it's simple. I will keep it honest and financially transparent. Donated money will go to pay the Ning bill, then Unpollute-dot-Com domain bill, next a Ning Upgrade, then a new computing device, and last but not least the Offset Project known as Unpollute invented by yours truly... Unpollute boils down to funding individuals and businesses to use daily alternative or Zero Emission transportation methods and to participate in many other manors of green and healthy techniques and technologies to conserve resources and money! A little dedicated Green money could really go a long way if it jump-starts a business recycling effort or starts somebody on a life-long path of bicycle commuting. Unpollute will always mean Advocating Environmentalism!
My system will be fair and green, monies spent will push the markets in directions we want, and those products and services will benefit the subject as well as help lower their Carbon Footprint. Even if an individual made returns to the stores for personal profit from Unpollute funding the system can be set up to favor in-store credit or credit back to Unpollute. Even if some people figured out how to sell Unpollute stuff quickly to generate cash, we'd still see the benefit of pushing the markets towards greener products.
I'll apply for non-profit 401(c) status for the business of Unpollute.com when possible. I'm sorry, but until then your donations will not be tax-deductable -- but still acceptable! Also accepting critiques and opinions of the charter and business plan-- I have lots of ideas for an amazing web experience and a paid staff of professional green promoters improving the lives of many with money targeted for Carbon Offsetting. Go Cap-And-Trade and Carbon Exchanges! There appears to be endless opportunities for City, State, and Federal department partnerships too!
Remember, an individual or business with Unpollute funds would be able to spend them on 3 Types of Qualifying Purchases:
1st Type: Zero Emissions Vehicles and Gear
· Bikes, skateboards, wheelchairs, roller blades, etc. including gear, equipment, and parts.
· Walking/Running Gear, including shoes.
· Electric Power scooters, chairs, bikes, boards, skates, and any other type of small Human Power / Electric Hybrid vehicles. All-electric or otherwise Zero Emission (Zero hydrocarbons in the exhaust) cars, motorcycles, vans, trucks, trains, and/or buses.
· Any tools and other products specific to support, repair, use, upgrade, modify, or design Zero Emission vehicles.
· Research expenses specific Zero Emission vehicle design. For example: Power hub or Mag-Lev bearing designs for bikes or electric cars, or materials research for lighter bike frames.
· Apparel products, including, but not limited to: helmets, hats, gloves, shoes, pants, rain-gear, and performance bags or back-packs.
· Clothes that have specific transportation safety and/or weather resistant features shall qualify.
2nd Type: Zero Emissions Fuel and Power
· Food: Fuel for biking and walking is food. Food shall be a qualifying purchase if it passes certain specifications. A rating system shall be designed that will allow products to be judged on the basis of these, and possibly other, factors: bulk or other packaging considerations, food miles per lbs transported, micro-nutrient value per calorie, and/or sustainable or organic farming methods used, sold in a "farmers" (local) market. Ideal: organic or sustainably farmed, locally sourced, minimally processed food that is sold in bulk would qualify due to any one of those qualities.
Natural foods qualify, Fast-Food generally won't.
· Gardening tools, hand and electric types.